Friday, March 9, 2012

To renew or not to renew

Boy, if I ever felt like a real wooly-head, it was today.

My drivers license was due for renewal this year.  I was sure it said 2012.  I looked at it more than once. Yep, 2012

So I make an appointment with the DMV.  Get all my documents to prove I am me and I live where I live.   GPS says it will take 15 minutes to get there.  I don't think they account for red lights, because it took me 25 minutes.

I wait my turn.  When I'm called to come up to the desk, I give the lady at the desk my paperwork.  Then I take the eye test.  When I got my license way back when, I didn't need glasses, but I have glasses now.  So I take the eye exam without glasses at first.  I couldn't make out the jibberish on line 5.  So I definitely need my glasses to drive.

The need for glasses becomes more apparent when she stops my eye exam and says, "Wait, what are we doing here?"

I reply, "Renewing my drivers license."

"Your license is good until 2017."

I had to check to make sure.  It does say 2017!

I think I am going to have someone else double check before I renew something else.  Like my passport.  It is good until 2017 also!

6 comments:

Amy @ themessymiddle said...

This made me smile! My driver's license DOES expire in 2012 -- and I've been reminding myself for years so I won't forget this summer while I'm home. Thanks for the smile! amy

Phyllis said...

That sounds like something I would do these days... except that I've never had a driver's license.

the domestic fringe said...

Oh, my goodness! That's so funny. Better wear your glasses. ;-)

~FringeGirl

Alida said...

That sounds like something I would do!!

blessings,
Alida

OliveTree said...

Hilarious! You do need those glasses! I need mine too! God's blessings on your blog!

TJ said...

It sounds like something I would do. And last time, I did try to pass the test without glasses but ended up putting them on. Hope your papers come in so you can head back.